No Simp September is a challenge where men are not allowed to simp during the entire month of September. The term simp is a joke used by teenagers to criticise any male who is being nice to a woman.
- What is a Simp?
- What is to Simp?
- What’s an example of a simp?
- Who invented NSS?
- Simp memes in 2020?
- Be careful with the term
- Need help? Get help
What does it mean to be a simp in 2020? The term simp is a joke used by teenagers to criticise any male who is being nice to a woman. The term has gained strong popularity in Tik Tok during 2020.
- A more aggressive definition of simp describes a male who puts himself in a submissive position in hopes of winning a girl over, without her bringing anything to the table. A simp will say things to a girl, things he does not believe, but only saying them because he thinks that she wants to hear them.
- It might also be a misogynistic term. Although the term is now mostly a joke used by teen tiktokers who mean no harm, simp is also a misogynistic term aimed at the men who value, respect or are friends with women. More on this below.
What is to simp? To simp is to engage with a girl online, putting yourself in a submissive position in hopes of winning her over, while she just doesn’t care about you. You simp when you just do or say anything in order to obtain something from her.
What’s an example of a simp?
Reading real conversations between two teenagers is a great way to understand the meaning of simp. Normally, the conversation goes in one of two ways:
- one man is gentle or nice with a woman, and gets a reply from another man calling him a simp and criticizing him for being nice (for being a simp). Of course this example can be described differently: one man shows himself submissive to a woman, and another man criticizes him for his submissive behaviour;
- or one man is about to say something nice to a woman, or simply be gentle or nice, and he says to himself not to be a simp.
From the conversations below, we have removed names or profile pics to respect the privacy of the parties involved.
Example #1 of Simp
Example #2 of Simp
Example #3 of Simp
Example #4 of Simp
Example #5 of Simp
Example #6 of Simp
Example #7 of Simp
Example #8 of Simp
Who invented No Simp September? It was created on Reddit in 2020. Today, No Simp September (also known as Stop Simping September) is a community dedicated to spending the entirety of the month of September without simping. You can read the rules here. You can ask for help to anyone in the community.
- The word Simp in black culture and music
- Song “Sippin’ On Some Syrup” by Three 6 Mafia
- Song Cash Shit by Megan Thee Stallion
The word Simp in black culture and music? The word simp it has been used as an abbreviation for “simpleton” for over 100 years. It has been long established in black culture, most notably on the song “Sippin’ On Some Syrup” by Three 6 Mafia, which was released in 2000 and opens with the line, “I’m trill working the wheel, a pimp, not a simp / Keep the dope fiends higher than the Goodyear Blimp.” In this context, “simp” is used as the opposite of a “pimp.” More recently, rapper Megan Thee Stallion, our OG Hot Girl, used simp in the same way in her hit song Cash Shit: “Bitch, I do pimp shit, huh / Ho, you on simp shit, ayy.” Simp, therefore, is definitely not a new online word invented in 2020, although is now widely used in Tik Tok.
Song “Sippin’ On Some Syrup” by Three 6 Mafia
Song Cash Shit by Megan Thee Stallion
What is a simp meme in 2020?
As described in this definition of what is simp, to simp is to always trying to impress a girl putting yourself in a submissive manner, while the girl wants nothing with you. There are a trillion memes related to simp, simping and no simp september.
Be careful with the term. As MEL Magazine has described, simp has evolved past its original definition, and is now a misogynistic term aimed at the men who value women. Although most teenagers use the term as a joke, mostly on Tik Tok, without really willing to use this definition, just be aware. Don’t use it in misogynistic way. Be nice to everyone.
Need help? Get help. If you are the type of guy that harasses women online (or anywhere, actually), you have a problem, you need help, you need to talk to someone, and understand how destructive your behaviour is. If you don’t have much experience treating nicely to women or to any specific group of people, and you would like to learn how to do better, get help. If you need help, please ask for it. We are here to help. If you feel a friend or colleague needs help, please do provide help. Be nice to everyone.